Rubha Mor's four star holiday accommodation in Ullapool, Scotland
is easy to travel to. Travel telephone numbers are shown for dialing
within the UK.
If you are calling from abroad, please prefix the given telephone number with the UK INTERNATIONAL dialling code which is 00 44 and delete the first zero of the given phone number:
For example: 01854 612323 becomes 00 44 1854 612 323 or + 44 1854 612 323
CAR and WHEELS
(Motorbike & Bicycle):
FERRY from STORNOWAY:
CALEDONIAN SLEEPER TRAIN:
CAR HIRE INVERNESS:
CAR HIRE ULLAPOOL:
* From INVERNESS - TAKE THE A835 ROAD NORTH TO ULLAPOOL (via A9,
A96 & A82); From LEDMORE JUNCTION - TAKE THE A835 SOUTH (via
* CALEDONIAN MACBRAYNE FERRIES 08705 650000:
* UK TRAIN ENQUIRIES 08457 484950 and WWW.SEAT61.COM (Worldwide)
London Euston - Sunday to Friday (not Saturdays) 08457 550033.
* INVERNESS DALCROSS AIRPORT - 01667 464000 (IV2 7JB)
Flights to Inverness: Easyjet, Flybe, British Midlands and British Airways
* Hertz 0870 8508789; Sharp's 01463 236694; HW Jack's 01463 236572
* Lochbroom Self Drive 01854 612560 mb: 07831 265 066
Several Bus Companies operate between INVERNESS BUS STATION AND
ULLAPOOL; and also from Gairloch via Braemore Junction; and from the
North. Please CHECK THE CURRENT BUS TIMES as these vary between
seasons and school holidays.
* TRAVELINE SCOTLAND: 0871 200 2233.
* BOOK IN ADVANCE for CITYLINK BUS: 0871 2663333; also STAGECOACH BUS: 01463 233371 - both TWO SERVICES DAILY .
* WESTERBUS: 01445 712255 - Depart Inverness 17:20pm & change at Braemore Junction at 18:40hrs to take EWEN'S COACHES on to Ullapool: 01854 612966 - MONDAY, WEDNESDAY & SATURDAY ONLY- TWO SERVICES PER DAY
* D&E COACHES with Bike Trailer: 01463 222444 SUMMER TIME ONLY - ONE SERVICE DAILY MONDAY TO SATURDAY.
* SPA COACHES: 01997 421311: ONLY Ullapool to Garve 07:12 am Monday; Garve to Ullapool 18:52 pm Friday.
* TAXIS: Ullapool Taxis - Graham Mackenzie 07517 612619 (email@example.com); and Ewen's Taxis
* The journey from Inverness to Ullapool takes about one hour and 15
minutes. Take the Ullapool Road A835, north across the Kessock
* At the Tore and Maryborough Roundabouts, bear left to follow directions to Ullapool A835.
* On the approach to Ullapool the speed limit is 40mph, and you pass the turning for Braes (on the right) and the large layby to the left, with the "Welcome to Ullapool" sign.
* Come over the bridge and AT THE 30 mph SIGN you should TURN IMMEDIATELY LEFT.
* Drive 100m towards the sea, past Dromnan Guest House.
* Park by Rubha Mor, beside our home Peacock House.
We look forward to welcoming you on your arrival.
* To ring our door bell, pull hard on the rope handle!
* It is advisable to re-fuel in Inverness before traveling North as fuel is much cheaper at the Tesco garage or BP garage, just off the A9 road in Inverness.
* Lochbroom Garage - petrol & diesel; Bosch Services - Gas
PLEASE BEWARE : THERE MIGHT BE DEER OR SHEEP - ON OR NEAR THE ROAD AT ANY POINT NORTH OF GARVE.
OVERSEAS VISITORS - PLEASE DRIVE ON THE LEFT! - especially after a brief stop or single track roads!
There are single track roads in the region so please follow this
"ROAD ETIQUETTE" to keep yourselves safe:
FOR TRAFFIC APPROACHING AHEAD:
* Always pull over into a left side passing place; or left, opposite a right side passing place.
* Never dive across the road into a right side passing place.
* If you meet traffic between passing places, the person closest to a passing place should reverse back into it.
* If you are going up hill it is you who should give way.
FOR TRAFFIC APPROACHING BEHIND YOU:
* Always pull over into the next safe passing place to let faster cars overtake you, before continuing on.